A typical HEDIS calendar follows the timeline below:
- January – May: Clinical Quality staff begins requesting medical records from the necessary providers
- June: HEDIS results are reported to the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)
- July: The NCQA releases the commercial edition of the Quality Compass
- August: Project health plan ratings are released
- September – October: Quality Compass for Medicare and Medicaid are released and final health plan ratings are posted on the website
If you are struggling to keep up with this HEDIS calendar, call HEDIS Nurses for help!